Broward County Name Changes
What's The Next Step When You Complete a Name Change in Broward County?
1. Before you go to Court, first get a certified copy of your marriage license from the agency that filed your marriage license with in Broward County.
2. Contact Your Local Social Security Administration For A New Social Security Card. - You need to provide to the Social Security Administration (SSA) your correct name and ID number for payroll tax withholdings and other benefits because a discrepancy between your name and Social Security number can cause a rejection of your income tax return. When you go to your local SSA office, they will require you to file Form SS-5, the form needed to have a new card issued. Notifying the SSA will also update the Internal Revenue Service of your new name. Here is a list of the social security offices located in Broward County:
8501 W SUNRISE BLVD
PLANTATION, FL 33322
500 N HIATUS RD
PEMBROKE PINES, FL 33026
3201 W COMMERCIAL BLVD
FT LAUDERDALE, FL 33309
5195 COCONUT CREEK PKY
MARGATE, FL 33063
3. Get a new Florida Driver's License - Getting an updated license or Florida identification card should make subsequent name changes with financial institutions easier. Check with the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles for instructions. We have compiled a list of the service centers in Broward County:
100 South Military Trail, Suite 26
Deerfield Beach, Florida 33441
3718-3 West Oakland Park Blvd.
Lauderdale Lakes, Florida 33311
7217 West Oakland Park Blvd.
Lauderhill, Florida 33313
1135 Banks Rd
Margate, Florida 33063
15739 Pines Boulevard
Pembroke Pines, Florida 33027
8001 Pembroke Road
Pembroke Pines, Florida 33025
4. Update your employer by contacting the Human Resources Department
5. Contact your bank or other financial institution - Updating your name with your bank or credit union may require an in-person visit. For a name change on your account, the bank will want to see your updated Florida driver's license.
6. Notify Credit Card Companies to establish a new credit identity and obtain new credit cards
7. Here are more people you should contact with your new name:
Broward County Supervisor of Elections (For a New Voter Registration Card)
Broward County Post office (Click Here for Locations)
Landlord or mortgage company
Insurance Companies (auto, life, home, etc.).
Professional licensing boards
Your attorney (to update legal documents).
Obtain a New Passport
Related Legal Topics:
More Site Features:
Need Help? Can't find what you are looking for or you would like to report a problem? Please contact us and we will be happy to assist you. Your feedback is appreciated.
Finding Legal Information Made Easy. BrowardLegalDirectory.com.