Broward County Court Resources
Broward County's legal agencies, both public and private, are essential for its residents to gain access to the legal system. Below is a list of all of the most commonly searched for Broward Court resources, including:
The 17th Judicial Circuit of Florida (Broward County)
The 17th Judicial Circuit has an online website where you can find information related to court administration, court programs, rules and policies, self-help for citizens, court announcements, and more.
- website: www.17th.flcourts.org
Addiction Recovery Legal Services:
- Address: 888 S. Andrews Avenue Suite 203, Fort Lauderdale, FL. 33316
- Phone: 1-(877)-35-ABUSE
- Local Phone: 1-(954)-467-8806
- Website: http://www.arlsbroward.com/index.php
Broward County Bar Association:
Fostering courtesy, ethics, and professionalism among lawyers.
- Address: 1051 Southeast Third Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
- Phone: (954) 764-8040
- Fax: (954) 764-8060
- Website: www.browardbar.org
Broward County Clerk of Courts:
The Broward County Clerk of Courts is currently Howard C. Forman. The Clerk of Courts office is located in the Judicial Complex. The Clerk of Courts office aids the public in many areas such as filing court proceedings, collecting court fees, affidavits, marriage licenses, case information, and other court related documents.
- Address: 201 SE 6th Street, Room 136, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Current Clerk of Courts: Howard C. Forman
- Main Phone: (954) 831-6565
- Automated Line: (954) 712-7899
- Website: Broward County Clerk of Court - Home
Broward County Judges:
The 17th Judicial Directory which contains Judge’s telephone numbers, courtroom and chamber numbers, judicial assistant names, division designations and division type is available online.
If you want to search for Judges by division or legal area only:
Broward County Public Defender:
The current Broward County Public Defender is Howard Finkelstein. The Law Office of the Public Defender is located in the North Wing of the Judicial Complex.
- Address: 201 SE 6th Street, Room 3872,Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Public Defender: Howard Finkelstein
- Main Phone: (954) 831-8650
- Website: www.browarddefender.org
Broward County State Attorney:
The current 17th Judicial Circuit (Broward County) State Attorney is Michael J. Satz. The Office of the State Attorney has four offices at each of the four locations of the 17th Judicial Circuit and Broward County Courts.
- Current State Attorney: Michael J. Satz
- Main Phone: (954) 831-6955
- Website: www.sao17.state.fl.us/
- Domestic Violence Unit
- Worthless Check Information
Legal Aid of Broward County:
- Address: 491 North State Road 7, Plantation, FL 33317
- Main Phone: 954-765-8950
- Website: www.legalaid.org/broward