Broward County Closing Costs
Below are typical closing costs and expenses for a Broward County Residential Property transaction, which includes transactions involving condominiums and single-family residences. Costs estimates are based upon homes valued between $50,000.00 to $750,000.00. Normally, some expenses, including appraisal, inspection, survey and certain other fees, may increase for homes valued more than $750,000.00.
Standard Broward County Residential Closing Fees and Costs
These items are typical costs and expenses involved in all residential real estate transactions in Broward County, including for condominiums and single-family residences. The party responsible to pay for these items is determined by the Real Estate Contract.
- Settlement Fee or Closing Fee - $550.00 - $850.00
- Delivery Charges - $65.00 - $85.00
- Owner's Title Insurance Policy - Promulgated Rate per Department of Insurance (includes title examination). $5.50/$1,000.00 of title insurance
- Simultaneous Bank Title Insurance Policy - $25.00
- Endorsements to Title Insurance Policy - as required by the Bank or Mortgage Company - 10% of the title insurance premium or $25.00 (depends on the type of endorsement)
- Title Search - $175.00-$250.00 - The party who pays this item is governed by the Real Estate Contract - Typically, in Broward County, the Seller pays this cost. However, the contract should be reviewed.
Buyer Closing Costs:
- Survey - $275.00 - $450.00
- Appraisal Costs - $300.00 - 450.00
- Property Inspection Cost - $450.00 - $750.00 - includes electrical, roof, termite, air conditioning, pool & pest inspections - many inspection reports will not give an opinion on appliances (refrigerator, dishwasher, disposal and washer and dryer) other than to say they turn on or off and/or appear to be in working order.
- Loan Costs - see the Lender/Mortgage Company's Loan Estimate (see below)
- Government Costs related to Mortgage - Documentary Stamps and Intangible taxes on the Note and Mortgage (State doc stamps on the mortgage are $3.50 per $1,000.00 of the mortgage amount. Intangible tax on the mortgage is $2 per $1,000.00 of the mortgage amount.)
- Insurance Premiums - homeowner's insurance, flood insurance and wind insurance
- Overnight Package to Mortgage Company or Bank
- Settlement Fee - see above
- Mortgage Recording costs - $10.00 for the first page of the mortgage and $8.50 for each page thereafter
Seller Closing Costs:
- Municipal Lien and Tax Search - $250.00 - $450.00 - Depends on the City and if the information is needed on a rush basis - This cost can be a buyer cost - However, most Broward County Real Estate Contracts have the Seller paying these costs - See Real Estate Contract
- Real Estate Tax Proration - Based upon the prior years gross real estate taxes - unless otherwise stated in the Real Estate Contract - the proration deduction is calculated from January 1 of the year of the closing through the day of the closing or the day before the closing - see Real Estate Contract.
- Real Estate Commission - 6% of the sales price or as otherwise negotiated between Seller and Real Estate Agent
- Real Estate Agent - File Storage Fee - $150.00 - $350.00 - See Real Estate Listing Agreement or Real Estate Contract
- Documentary Stamps on Deed - calculated at $7.00/$1,000.00 on the sale price
- Title Abstract - $175.00 - $250.00 - This cost can be a buyer cost - However, most Broward County Real Estate Contracts have the Seller paying these costs - See Real Estate Contract
- Document Preparation - (Deed, Bill of Sale, Affidavit(s)) - $550.00
- Estoppel Fee - (HOA or Condominium) - Fee to receive a letter from the Management Company stating if the amount of maintenance and if any is past due - $250.00 - $350.00
- Mortgage Payoffs
- Deed or other document recording costs - $10.00 for the first page of the Deed and $8.50 for each page thereafter.
Mortgage Expenses and Prepaid Items
Mortgage Loan Expenses - Below are typical fees in a mortgage transaction - some items have different names and not all of these items are charged - Please see your Loan Estimate for the exact charge (Note: Your lender must provide you a Loan Estimate within three business days of receiving your application. At closing, be sure to compare your Closing Disclosure to your last Loan Estimate form.).
- Loan Origination Fee
- Loan Discount
- Appraisal Fee - Broker Appraisal Fee
- Credit Report
- Lender's Inspection Fee
- Mortgage Insurance Application Fee
- Administration Fee
- Courier Service
- Document Preparation Fee - Doc Prep - Document Transmission Fee - Document Fee
- Inspection Fee
- Final Inspection Fee
- Flood Certification Fee - Flood Determination Fee
- Funding and Review Fee
- Mortgage Brokerage Fee - Broker Fee
- Mortgage Insurance Application Fee
- Premium Spread Paid By Lender
- Processing Fee
- Tax Service Fee
- Underwriting Review Fee - Underwriting Fee
- Wire Transfer Fee
- Yield Premium Differential
Prepaid Items Required By Lender- Escrowed Items
- Real Estate Taxes
- Property Insurance Premiums
- Mortgage Insurance Premiums
- Real Estate Taxes
- Maintenance (Monthly or Quarterly)
- Special Assessments (see the Real Estate Contract for who pays for the amount due after closing)
- Home Warranty
You May Also Be Interested In Recording a Document in Broward County
Need Help? Can't find what you are looking for or you would like to report a problem? Please contact us and we will be happy to assist you. Your feedback is appreciated.
These resources are provided by Florida governmental agencies. We do not verify or provide an opinion on any piece of data, and we make no warranty or guaranty about any of the information that you find on our site. Data is sometimes entered poorly, processed incorrectly and is generally not free from defect. This information should not be relied upon as definitively accurate. Before relying on any data this website supplies, it should be independently verified.
Finding Legal Information Made Easy. BrowardLegalDirectory.com.